Friday, March 10, 2006

Fortunately for Zeus, I Was Not a Boy

Hera, Zeus’s wife, was naturally angry.

“It’s one thing that you turned yourself into a swan to seduce Leda or that you performed that unnatural act of having Athena jump out of your head instead of making her as a baby the usual way.”

“BUT NOW, NOW, you make your nice sweet sister Demeter pregnant. She’ll probably want child support and expect you to hang around to be a proper father.”

“Then, what’s going to happen if Demeter’s baby is a boy? Will you make him your heir? Then you’ll really irritate the rest of the family.”

“Besides, you really should be with me more often. I know I’m not as fertile as that grain goddess Demeter, but I’m you’re wife.”

Fortunately for Zeus, I was not a boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home