Monday, August 14, 2006

How Could I Find Out What I Needed to Know?

I sang the words softly,“Open the envelope and sing in soft tones the message that you are about to deliver to me,” and the messenger responded earnestly, reading every word that Hera had written:

To our Persephone
Goddess of Desire and Imagination
I regret to inform you that
We must defer
The inaugural meeting for
The Center for the Propagation of Happiness
In my unhappiness
I have been called off to a quest
And I will be in touch when I return.
Your loving aunt, stepmother, and fellow divinity,
Hera

What was this all about? Why was Hera finally admitting to her unhappiness and where was she going?

When I looked up to stare at the messenger and to send a message back, he had disappeared, leaving the ripped open ornate ivory envelope to tantalize me with its mysteries.

How could I find out now what I needed to know?

The doorbell rang, and I knew it would be Zeus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home